Thursday 18 February 2010

Hidden Horror - After Hours

Just a small clip here, but the first time I saw Martin Scorceses quirky comedy After Hours this little scene really surprised me. The movie had already ensured there was a general feeling of unease about the proceedings as we follow Griffin Dunnes character into a late night rendezvous in the heart of Eighties SoHo. Everyone he meets is just that little bit off kilter, and as he waits for his date (a never kookier/creepier Rosanna Arquette) to return from her shower he hears whispering from within the supposedly empty apartment. The scene reminded me a little of another of my favourite creepfests, Exorcist 3.
Once again, the scene really does play better within the realms of the actual movie but if you're anything like me and love this often overlooked little masterpiece then this is a nice little reminder of one of the many fantastic little touches it has to offer. If you have never seen this movie, I really urge you to check it out. It has it's fair share of detractors, but I absolutely love it and it's great to see Dunne on leading man duties.

No comments: